South Dakota  |  Civil Litigation

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/29/04, 11:14 am

Transfer of judgment

We have a small claims judgment in Utah and want to garnish a checking account in South Dakota. We have all of the info on the acct. We filed an exemplification letter in the Rapid City court with the fee. The question!

What do we need to file with this exemplification letter (copy of judgment is attached to it) in that court so that we can continue with the garnishment on the account? They returned our papers saying it was not complete and gave us the SDCL 15-6-4(a) for South Dakota. This stature is for obtaining a judgment which we already have. We just need to know what know what needs to be filed with it.


Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search