Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Tennessee

Lien against silent partner's property

I am actually asking this question for a friend..here is his version: My wife and I and her mother along with a silent partner opened a Real Estate offic. They tried to take away my shares after the divorce. I recently won a judgement and put a lien on my silent partner's rental properties. The other two people filed bankruptcy so I can't touch their property. The problem being is he won't sell his property so I can get my fair share of the business. Can I have the lien changed or somehow start receiving anything he gets a month off of the rental property or do I have to wait until he sells. I am owed $190,000.00

Holland McKinnie T. Holland McKinnie, PC

Re: Lien against silent partner's property

You have a number of possible options, including execution on his personal assets and income, the rental income, and under certain circumstances foreclosing the judicial lien created by the judgment. If the collection questions have not been answered by the attorney that assisted in obtaining the judgment (assuming there was one), then you should consult with an attorney experienced in these matters. If I can be of further assistance, let me know.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Tennessee