Legal Question in Family Law in Tennessee

Cohabitation and Child Custody

My son currrently resides with me as his sole custodial parent. I have been involved with an individual for over 2 out of his 3 yrs of life. We would like to live together (unmarried) and in asking my son's father for permission he has denied and states if we do so he will remove Aidan from my home. Does he have the right to remove my son from my home?

My son's father has no home of his own and currently changes residence every 6 months or so. I have always had full custody and want to continue to do so but have been warned buy a previous attorney that judges will use cohabitation as a reason to remove the child even if the law states it should not be considered.

Asked on 9/15/04, 7:18 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robin Gordon Gordon Law Group, PLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Cohabitation and Child Custody

Judges can make that a condition - it will ultimately be determined by the judge.

Read more
Answered on 9/15/04, 1:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Tennessee

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now