Legal Question in Immigration Law in Tennessee

I am currently living Nashville TN. I recently blessed with baby girl on 8 th of september.My daughter is US Citizen and she has Genetic disorder. Only in USA this Genetic disorder can be treated. I am from India,In India we donít have any hospital which is providing service for this disorder.for this disorder Doctors(Genetic doctor, Metabolism doctor and Nutrition ) monitoring and help need continuously. As of now I am on H1B and My wife & first kid(boy) is on H4 visa. Am I eligible to stay here for my baby treatment on humanitarian or any other options, can I reach federal congress to request for private bill or i have any other option to stay here for her treatment which takes long time like more than 15 years.

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

You would need to contact your local Congressperson regarding a private bill, but it is highly unlikely that you would be sponsored for one.

As long as you are eligible to extend your H-1B, then there is no need to look to humanitarian request options at this time. However, I cannot foresee that a humanitarian parole would be given to you & your dependents for 15 years.

Your best option is to be petitioned for foreign labor certification, assuming you have enough time left on your H-1B visa, & then just keep extending your H-1B until you can apply for adjustment of status.

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Tennessee