Legal Question in Immigration Law in Tennessee

Can i marry my illegal girlfriend from mexico in nashville tn

Asked on 11/07/13, 5:24 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If she did not have a lawful entry, she will have to apply for her "greencard" at a U.S. Embassy outside the country. If she is denied, she might not be let back in. You should seek legal representation for this type of case.

Read more
Answered on 11/07/13, 5:57 pm
Michael Cho Law Offices of Michael Cho
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, you may go ahead and get married.

Getting her lawful permanent residence will depend on how she entered the U.S.

You may find information on immigration through marriage on my specialized site for couples and I-601 and I-601A waivers here:

Read more
Answered on 11/08/13, 1:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Tennessee

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now