Legal Question in Immigration Law in Tennessee

Nurse practitioner on OPT, employer wants to sponsor me for a green card. Will I need to stop working if my OPT expires before the green card is approved?

Asked on 5/01/13, 9:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You must have a valid, non-immigrant visa status to be able to remain in the United States once the OPT expires. You also must possess USCIS authority to legally work in the United States.

I would recommend that you apply for a STEM OPT extension. You can discuss this with the foreign student adviser at your University.

Read more
Answered on 5/01/13, 10:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Tennessee

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now