Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Tennessee

taking advantage of the elderly

My father is an only child. My grandfather died Friday. My father is already working on my grandmother to sign over a Power of Attorney. He has talked about putting her in an old folks home and selling everything. How much power will he have? My grandmother is perfectly capable of handling herself. She doesn't want to make him mad. I am worried that he will do that to her. Is there anything I can do to limit what he can do? I am her grandaughter.

Asked on 7/29/99, 12:10 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marshall Snyder Law Office Of Marshall Snyder
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: taking advantage of the elderly

From your message, your grandmother appears to

be competent. If your grandmother is competent,

she has the right to give a power of attorney

to your father or anyone else she chooses.

If your grandmother is incompetent or nearing

incompetency, then a Conservatorship would be

best for your grandmother if there is discord

in the family.

Read more
Answered on 8/30/99, 3:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Tennessee

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now