Legal Question in Employment Law in Texas

Do I have a breach of contract case?

7/05 Living in AZ. I was contacted by a company wanting me to come to work for them setting and starting up a new manufacturing plant in TX. They flew me to FL 8/05 for an interview and to look at the plant there. They continued contacting me through phone calls and emails. Then in Sept they flew my wife and I to TX to look around and to see the building. The end of Sept. I accepted the offer they made me (E-mails with job offers wages, title etc, copies I have) I started work for this company10/31/05. Sold home in AZ and Bought home in TX.Moved my family to TX 12/05, From 12/05-3/07 I was in charge of all building, yard, electrical, concrete work and installation of machinery. I made all contacts with various business, obtained all job quotes, I over saw all of the construction, renovation and installation of manufacturing equipment. Hired, fired and trained all employees. I was the only one training the employees on production procedures. Then in March I was told I was now the production mgr, not the plant mgr, I needed to make money for Co. two wks later I was informed I was no longer salaried but hourly (at less than half of my wages) and they hired a new plant manager starting the next day. Breach of contract, EMD, DofC?

Anne Gbenjo The Gbenjo Law Group

Re: Do I have a breach of contract case?

You must have a written contract in order for you to assert a breach of contract claim. Otherwise, you would be an employee at will under texas laws. There may be other causes of action though. A thorough interview with an employment lawyer where you are should give rise to an actionable claim. Good luck.

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Texas

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms