Legal Question in Personal Injury in Texas

I live in the state of TX. My car was totaled by another driver. The value of my car is $15K but I owe $19K. Can I sue the driver's insurance company to get the $4K difference. If yes, what actions should I take?

Asked on 10/04/12, 12:52 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Roger Merrill Merrill & Associates
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No, the amount owed is not relevant when determining how much to pay for the total loss damages.

Read more
Answered on 10/04/12, 1:06 pm
Jeffrey Brashear The Brashear Law Firm, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Based on what you have written, property damage is not determined by the amount owed on a vehicle. Property damages and personal injury damages are two different matters when dealing with an auto accident.

Read more
Answered on 10/04/12, 1:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Personal Injury Law and Tort Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now