Texas  |  Personal Injury

My minor son was in a minor auto accident almost 2 years ago and hurt his back. The insurance company does not want to settle to an agreeable dollar amount. What can i do?

Answered on: 12/27/12, 5:46 am by Jeffrey Brashear

Based on what you have written, there are a few items which would require clarification. First, when you say your "minor son" how old is your son? Second, was your son driving the vehicle or a passenger in the vehicle? Third, explain in detail the back injury? Fourth, what medical treatment did your minor son seek after the accident? Fifth, what amount of settlement is the insurance company wanting to settle for? Sixth, what amount of settlement is your minor son wanting to settle for? These are just some of the questions which would require answer to prior to providing you with a more clear direction other than you need to file a civil law suit.

You should consider retaining a law firm to assist you with protecting your son rights and interests. You may visit http://www.thebrashearlawfirm.com for more information regarding auto accidents.

The above response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an on-going duty to respond to questions. Additionally, the response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than an educated opinion. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change.

The Brashear Law Firm, PLLC 16350 Park Ten Place, Suite 143 Houston, TX 77084

Answered on: 12/27/12, 6:50 am by Roger Merrill

Hire a lawyer immediately. Please let me know if I can help. I handle auto accidents throughout Texas.

Merrill & Associates 1770 Saint James Place, Suite 410 Houston, TX 77056