Texas  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/14/05, 2:34 pm

probation violation statue of limitation

in 1999 i violated my probation and i was wondering if there is a statue of limitation in a case of probation violation.

1 Answer

Answered on: 4/15/05, 8:53 am by Basil Hoyl

Re: probation violation statue of limitation

Generally on a straight probation, a motion to revoke needs to be filed within the period of probation. On deferred adjudication, there is no right to appeal the decision to adjudicate, so there has been quite a bit of discussion about late motions to adjudicate. If a motion to revoke/adjudicate has been filed, you should seek legal counsel to discuss the issue.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law office of Basil Hoyl 4001 Airport Fwy., Ste. 190 Bedford, TX 76021

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search