Texas  |  Civil Rights Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 12/21/10, 5:46 pm

I have recently had a false charge/statement filed against me. The Detective in charge of the case told me that at the time, when he initially questioned me at my home, that he had enough evidence to have a arrest warrant issued and arrest me right then. Since then, I have helped him to find evidence proving my innocence and the part of the case involving me has been closed. The only thing is that I was charged/accused of Felony Michief, and this has cause me emotional and mental stress, on top of stress of being harasses via the police constantly being called for false accusations, and am wondering what I can do. If I can get an attorney what type of attorney handles this type of case and would there be one that would take the case probono, since I am disabled and really do not have the funds for high legal fees. This has been continuous for the last 4 months (the beginning of September 2010). It has also affected my mother, who is now having to wear a heart monitor for an undetermined amount of time, because they are harassing her as well, just to get to me.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search