Texas  |  Credit and Debt Law

I am trying to refinance my home and a credit collection co, Asset Acceptance has been reporting a debt on my credit report that was paid and closed in 2003 but re-ageing the debt to 2007 making it appear more current

I have contacted the company they say they purchased the debt from, I was told they have no record of me ever having an account with them. Although my ex-husband paid an account off in 2003 with the company. I called Asset Acceptance and told them this, I was told they would remove it from my credit report since I have disputed it. This was a lie, all they did was update it and add more to the balance they say I owe.

I sent a certified letter for confirmation of the debt and all they did was send a piece of paper stamped with dates that tells me nothing. I was also told that 2007 is when they purchased the debt therefore it renewed the debt.

I have reported them to the Attorney Generals office, FTC, disputed many, many times. I have contacted the company they say they purchased the debt from and the have no record of me ever having an account. Although my ex-husband paid an account off in 2003 with the company they say I owe. What do I need to do to get them off my report?