Texas  |  Credit and Debt Law

I am trying to refinance my home and a credit collection co, Asset Acceptance has been reporting a debt on my credit report that was paid and closed in 2003 but re-ageing the debt to 2007 making it appear more current

I have contacted the company they say they purchased the debt from, I was told they have no record of me ever having an account with them. Although my ex-husband paid an account off in 2003 with the company. I called Asset Acceptance and told them this, I was told they would remove it from my credit report since I have disputed it. This was a lie, all they did was update it and add more to the balance they say I owe.

I sent a certified letter for confirmation of the debt and all they did was send a piece of paper stamped with dates that tells me nothing. I was also told that 2007 is when they purchased the debt therefore it renewed the debt.

I have reported them to the Attorney Generals office, FTC, disputed many, many times. I have contacted the company they say they purchased the debt from and the have no record of me ever having an account. Although my ex-husband paid an account off in 2003 with the company they say I owe. What do I need to do to get them off my report?

Answered on: 2/27/13, 7:07 pm by Mark Dunn

Sue them for slander. They are tellling a lie about you, and it is damaging your reputation. That is the essence of slander.

I guarantee you that if you serve their registered agent with a lawsuit, you'll get their attention.

Mark D. Dunn 101 E. Park Blvd., Suite 600 Plano, TX 75074

Answered on: 2/28/13, 1:14 pm by Charles Williamson

Have you seen the recent story on 60 Minutes which addresses the problems with the credit reporting agencies? Others have taken all the steps you've taken, many times, and more, but have found no relief. The only way to get your credit straightened out is to sue in Federal Court. Of course, this can be expensive because you will hire an attorney to represent you. Yes, it's a crying shame. Find the 60 Minutes story and give it a look-see.

Charles Williamson

Houston, Texas 77077

Charles J. Williamson, Attorney At Law 11826 Poplar Creek Drive Houston, TX 77077