Legal Question in Appeals and Writs in Texas

If you accept a plea agreement for aggravated robbery to 15 years in prison can you still appeal it?

Asked on 5/13/10, 1:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nile Copeland Copeland Law Group, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Read all your paper work carefully when you accept a plea agreement. If you have an attorney, make sure they explain the provisions. Without seeing the agreement details, it is not uncommon for you to agree to waive the appeal as part of the terms of the deal. So, read everything very carefully and know what you are signing.

Read more
Answered on 5/24/10, 8:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Appeals and Writs questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now