Texas  |  Appeals and Writs

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/15/10, 3:04 pm

My brother is mentally retarded and was sentenced to 25 years in prison for somthing he did not do... He was accused of a sexual crime against a young girl... He had a court apointed lawer who did nothing for his case he told my brother to sign for 25 years or going to court the judge would give him 30-life and he would never see his family again we believe the lawer did not care to help my brother and did not want to go through with a long trial so he threatened him knowing he has a mind as a 13 year old... Im not sure where or what to do from here he has been in prison for 3 years and Im working on getting a new trial if you could please help me with any advise it would be greatly appreciated...

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search