Legal Question in Business Law in Texas

Buyback dispute

I purchased an item from an online store in another state that has a ''buyback'' offer. This states that if you send the product back (used) they will pay a certain amount ($120.00 in this case). I sent an item back with tracking and never recieved my check or a response. The USPS confirms delivering the item two days after I sent it. After calling and emailing for 2 months I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. They asked for the tracking info (which was in the original complaint) which I provided, again. Here we are almost 2 months later and after several calls and emails I have yet to hear anything from them. I tried to reopen the BBB case but I've gotten no response from them. What can I do?

Peter Bradie Bradie, Bradie & Bradie

Re: Buyback dispute

Keep your tracking information, contact a lawyer in the state where the business is located, and find out what it would cost to sue them. The rest is a purely economic decision on your part.

Also consider filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, with the AG's office in the seller's state, and with the Postal Inspector of anything was done by mail.

More Business Law questions and answers in Texas

Business Law Legal Forms