Legal Question in Business Law in Texas

I am a contractor who contracted a granite company to do a job at a dentist office. Without me knowing they sub contracted another company that the owners son works for. I paid my contractor in full for the work that was done. He paid the money to the son witch did not give to the company he wors for. He stole it to pay off his own personal bills. The company that my granite company contracted is now threating a lein againt the dentist and have a collection company harrassing me and the dentist. Should'nt the be going after their employ that stole from them? How do I get them to leave me and my client alone?

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

The granite company is owed and should have been paid directly. There is no contract that allowed the $$ to be paid to the son. The son can be sued, and possibly prosecuted for theft but if you owed money to someone, you were obligated to the money to THAT entity.

More Business Law questions and answers in Texas

Business Law Legal Forms