Texas  |  Civil Rights Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/01/07, 7:53 pm

Retrieving a video

A relationship was ended and a person is trying to get the other one involved to erase a tape due to the content that is on it. If that person refuses, is there a legal way of getting the tape and erasing it because the person feels the content could be detrimental to the person's character?

1 Answer

Answered on: 5/01/07, 8:38 pm by Regina Mullen

Re: Retrieving a video

Practically no, but you can try to get an injunction against publication. It's not easy to get, and you can't completely protect against copies even if you got the original. Consult a local attorney,--or try to mediate the ase and come to an agreement about what will or won't happen with the tape. Clearly, there's an underlying issue here.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Legal Data Services, PLC Redmond, WA 48103

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search