Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Texas

Ruined and trashed rental home

I rented a 1,200 sq. ft . house was beautiful !Totally redone house to a tentant & 2 friends, 3 total people as favor for someone I thought was a friend. They had no deposit were always late with rent, drinking, parties. They rented in bad Oct I told them to leave end of Nov. with notices they didnt leave, sent a cert. letter to leave by Dec 09 they didnt leave.Dec 11 had deputies out and they took names, house has $16,000 worth of damage kicked in doors , holes in walls, they were charged 4 criminal micheif & these people are laughing at the charge!And they won't pay damages.What else could they be charged with??

I thought if can get them for somthing big it might help them into settle. instead of just laughing it off.

Deputies found out two were wanted 4 something but they were out in a week.

Is there any way to get the repair money and rent they didn't pay?

This has ruined me I dont even have funds to put front door back up they ruined all the doors. Any help appreciated! I don't know if this is criminal or civil law.

Asked on 2/19/07, 4:03 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Ruined and trashed rental home

Hello there,

You should contact your local bar association and ask if offer pro bono help.

You should bring a civil claim against the individuals for the damages to your property.


Erick Platten




Read more
2/19/07, 11:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

8822 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Civil Rights Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Terry A. NelsonNelson & LawlessRiverside, San Bernardino, CA
Phillip D. Wheeler, Esq.Phillip D. Wheeler, Attorney At LawMorro Bay, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now