Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Texas

I have a delinquent judgement from a small claims court case involving a car accident from 2006. How long will the judgement be on my credit report? I had read that the fair credit reporting act says a max of 7 years? ( i am in texas)

Asked on 2/26/13, 11:30 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

They can renew it and keep it on your credit report until it is paid.

Read more
Answered on 2/26/13, 2:24 pm
Charles Williamson Charles J. Williamson, Attorney At Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Ms. Henley has given you the correct answer.

Charles Williamson

Houston, Tx.

Read more
Answered on 2/28/13, 1:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now