Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Texas

I am being sued by my previous state of residence for not paying back my university for an incident that happened on campus. I am disabled and unable to work all I receive is money from Social Security I have no cash no savings and live hand to mouth. Is there anything I can do to get this dropped or something because I really don't know what to do I have no assets no money and truly scared. Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Greg Wiley Law Office of Greg Wiley PLLC

You could file a bankruptcy or you could attempt to fight the action in court. In the lawsuit, your ability to pay is not a factor on a determination of liability. If you file bankruptcy, you need counsel. Some actions are dischargeable and some are not. Since I do not know the details, I cannot make a guess.

Best of Luck

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Texas

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms