Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

Can a 17 year old girl move in with her 20 year old boyfried without getting into any trouble?

Asked on 9/20/11, 6:28 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Robert Tuthill Law Office of Robert H. Tuthill
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If your question is whether a 20 year old will get in trouble for having consensual sexual relations with a 17 year old, the answer is no. The age of consent in Texas is 17.

Read more
Answered on 9/20/11, 6:35 pm
Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I agree with Mr. Tuthill. I would add, though, that until the girl is 18 she must follow her parents' directives on where and with whom she can live. If they do not give permission for her to live with the bf, then they can call the police and have her brought home. It is possible that the bf could be charged with harboring a runaway.

Read more
Answered on 9/20/11, 6:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now