Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

I had asked the question about the validity of a plea bargain agreement for a lesser charge that the statute of limitations had expired on already. (I am the victim in the case not the defendant).

The offense occurred almost 7 years ago. The charges weren't filed on the case until 6 months ago though. The plea bargain agreement was agreed to in court last week. It's now a done deal. The original charge the defendant was indicted on had a statute of limitations of 10 years. The plea bargain that the prosecutor offered the defendant and he accepted was for a lesser charge. That lesser charge had a statute of limitations of 5 years. I can see the defendant agreeing to this knowingly and be planning to file an appeal. I have tried calling the prosecutor numerous times to discuss this as well as other issues that have made no sense to me but he is never available. So before I get too concerned I wanted to find out if there is a rule about this sort of thing that overrides the statute of limitations that I was unaware of.

Gary Thomas Gary Thomas Law Office, P.C.

Not that I know of. The DA likely knows what she/he is doing.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas