Texas  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/01/13, 12:12 pm

My daughter has been in jail for 2 months.She has a court appointed laywer who has never come to see her. she has been to court 3 times with no laywer got indicited on i charge with no laywer is there anything we can do to get a new court appointed laywer her boyfriend took the charges he did it not her but she has a 63;000 charge he has already been charged and is going to prison please help mary knight

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/02/13, 6:24 am by Keith Engelke

She can file a motion for a new court appointed lawyer. or she can retain an attorney on her own.. The time she spends in jail should be credited towards any prison sentence assessed against her.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Office of S. Keith Engelke 2313 Lockhill Selma Road #224 San Antonio, TX 78230

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search