Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

My daughter is a manager of a retail store that was robbed at gunpoint by three men. The men were caught on video. Another store was robbed in a nearby town, and the police think that the robbers of this store were the robbers of my daughter's store. Her purse/wallet were gone through, and now the police want my daughter to give a DNA sample. This sounds very weird to me. Should she be represented by counsel?

Keith Engelke Law Office of S. Keith Engelke

I think the police want look for DNA belonging to the person who went through her wallet. To do so, they would need to sample her DNA to exclude it from the DNA on her wallet. After they exclude her DNA, the robber's DNA would presumably have been isolated.

It would not be a bad idea to discuss this with a criminal defense attorney to discuss her rights.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas