Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

a friend of mine ex-wife has filed a sexual assault charge against him. a detective investigating the case contacted me and ask me to come to the station to talk to him about my friend case. what are my rights? do i have to part in this investigation.

Asked on 9/13/13, 3:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You do not have to do anything, or you can do whatever you want. They cannot make you talk to them. If they are wanting to talk to you, sounds like they have some question on the veracity of the complainant.

Read more
Answered on 9/14/13, 10:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now