Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

My ex girlfriend is accusing me of defacing her car even though I haven't talked to her in months. She filed a police report and named me the number one suspect. A police officer called me yesterday and said he wanted to ask some questions. Some people are telling me to call him back since I'm innocent and some people say I shouldn't say anything because it can hurt me. What should I do?

Asked on 5/16/13, 9:38 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Meet with a local lawyer to discuss what you should do. Not enough facts are provided to make a decision, but most times it is NOT in your best interest to talk to cops. They don't really investigate; they try to make cases on people.

Read more
Answered on 5/16/13, 9:40 am
William Mitchell Law Office of William Mitchell
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Never a good idea to talk to the police without talking to a lawyer. Anything you say will be used against you as the song goes. Depending on the amount of the alleged damage you could be facing a serious charge. Give me a call I'd be happy to help you out. For more info see

Read more
Answered on 5/16/13, 9:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88693 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Adam LambertThe Law Office of Adam S. LambertNew Orleans, LA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now