Texas  |  Criminal Law

My ex girlfriend is accusing me of defacing her car even though I haven't talked to her in months. She filed a police report and named me the number one suspect. A police officer called me yesterday and said he wanted to ask some questions. Some people are telling me to call him back since I'm innocent and some people say I shouldn't say anything because it can hurt me. What should I do?

Answered on: 5/16/13, 9:40 am by Cynthia Henley

Meet with a local lawyer to discuss what you should do. Not enough facts are provided to make a decision, but most times it is NOT in your best interest to talk to cops. They don't really investigate; they try to make cases on people.

Cynthia Henley, Lawyer 7626 E. Jordan Cove Houston, TX 77055-5053

Answered on: 5/16/13, 9:43 am by William Mitchell

Never a good idea to talk to the police without talking to a lawyer. Anything you say will be used against you as the song goes. Depending on the amount of the alleged damage you could be facing a serious charge. Give me a call I'd be happy to help you out. For more info see willmitchelllaw.com

Law Office of William Mitchell 401 South Congress Suite 1540 Austin, TX 78701