Texas  |  Criminal Law

Indecent Exposure - Adult Video Arcade

Arrested in Dallas TX for Indecent Exposure. Vice detective alleges that I had exposed myself in adult video arcade. Spoke with 6 attorneys - received 6 different answers. I am a licensed healthcare professional - no prior criminal record. If convicted - will have to self report to licensing board. Conviction will be posted to health professional databank forever. One lawyer recommended that I begin therapy with a psychologist who treats sex offenders to help me deal with my ''self destructive'' behavior. Plethysmography and Lie Detector tests would be used in the course of therapy. Another said deferred ajudication was best if charge was lowered to Disorderly Conduct with unsupervised probation.

Another said deferred ajudication not good with sex crime allegation because it could be discovered by government agencies (i.e. licensing boards).

I could'nt get clear answer from any lawyer as to whether deferred ajudication could be expunged. What is your experience and knowledge of these cases? Jury trials in Dallas TX with generally conservative juries?

Thank you in advance for your time and effort to reply.