Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

My initial charge for receiving probation was fraudulent use of improper I.D. I got 4 years of probation and I have paid all of my probation fees in full and I was suppose to get off of probation in August of 2011, I was told my probation is now revoking my probation for falsifying a U.A. and I picked up another charge for Simple Assault I know I did not hit anyone I just opened the bathroom door while a lady was trying to hold it shut. How much jail time will I have to do all together for the revoked probation and simple assault, I live in the state of Texas

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

If you got straight probation, then the maximum time that you could get on that case is 4 years. (If you got deferred, then the maximum time you could get would be the maximum for that level of case.)

We do not have simple assault. We have Class C assault (for which a citation is given and it is punishable only by a fine) and we have assault involving bodily injury which is a class A & you could get up to 1 year in jail & up to a $4,000 fine.

The punishments for the misdemeanor and felony case should run at the same time.

You need to have a lawyer representing you.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas

Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA