Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

Probation Violation for a Diluted UA

I have done 4yrs, 3months on a five year probation term for felony burglary of a habitation. I had no priors and have done everything that I have been asked to do as conditions of my probation including abstaining from alcohol and drugs. I am on low level supervision and only report once every three months and I have to take a UA everytime even though my charge was not drug related in anyway. I have passed all until three weeks ago, I went to report as usual. My PO called back a week later and wanted me to take another test which I did within hours. She told me that the first test was dilute and that I could be violated for that. I'm sure the second one will be as well. I have a valid reason for this and it was not intentional. Can they revoke your probation for a dilute UA sample? Should I get a lawyer because of this?

Asked on 8/27/07, 1:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dane Johnson Johnson & Johnson Law Firm, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Probation Violation for a Diluted UA

I would recommend hiring a lawyer. It can make the difference between getting revoked and not.

Dane Johnson

Board Certified Criminal Lawyer

Read more
Answered on 8/27/07, 2:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now