Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

I have a serious situation that is haunting me. I have never been arrested or convicted of any crime in the state of Texas. In 12/2005, I found out that I have a theft of check for $20.00 and it is listed as a Class B misdeameanor. In 12/07, a warrant was placed on me for my arrest. I do not know what this is nor do I know which arresting agency filed it. It is not listed as a conviction since I was never arrested. Nevertheless in 2/2007, I was hired by CVS Pharmacy as a manager and as a cashier at Walmart. I recently got laid off from CVS and left Walmart in 2007. I have started looking for work and all of a sudden, I cannot get gainful employment. Is there any way to rectify this situation because I have never had any issues with checks and I truly dont know what this is. I cannot afford a attorney and I was thinking about getting an Legal Aid. What should I do? I need employment and this is holding me back tremendously.

James Bayles The Bayles Law Firm

Find out who holds the bad check and pay it off. You can contact the prosecutor and agree to surrender and make restitution. Bottom line is if you have a bad check you must pay it

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas