Texas  |  Criminal Law

my son was arrested for a warrant that he did not know about. The warrant was from Bell county TX bond of 20,000 for theft not less than 1500 no more than 20,000 and he was arrested in El Paso County TX. The warrant is from 2008. We put our property up for bond. When we contacted the county court house, legal aid there is no record of him being charged or any files on hand. Were trying to find out what we need to do, its been 2 weeks since he was arrested and bonded and the bond company nor my son have received any information on what to do or who to call. Looking for guidance and trying to determine if we should retain a lawyer.

Answered on: 6/16/13, 8:09 am by Cynthia Henley

Call the district clerk's office in Bell County. They WILL have a record of the charge if there was a warrant. (You can also call the sheriff's department in Bell county to get information but the clerk should be able to provide you with a copy of the charging instrument / indictment.)

He will need a lawyer in Bell County so start there for his representation.

Cynthia Henley, Lawyer 7626 E. Jordan Cove Houston, TX 77055-5053