Texas  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/13/13, 8:12 pm

my son was arrested for a warrant that he did not know about. The warrant was from Bell county TX bond of 20,000 for theft not less than 1500 no more than 20,000 and he was arrested in El Paso County TX. The warrant is from 2008. We put our property up for bond. When we contacted the county court house, legal aid there is no record of him being charged or any files on hand. Were trying to find out what we need to do, its been 2 weeks since he was arrested and bonded and the bond company nor my son have received any information on what to do or who to call. Looking for guidance and trying to determine if we should retain a lawyer.

1 Answer

Answered on: 6/16/13, 8:09 am by Cynthia Henley

Call the district clerk's office in Bell County. They WILL have a record of the charge if there was a warrant. (You can also call the sheriff's department in Bell county to get information but the clerk should be able to provide you with a copy of the charging instrument / indictment.)

He will need a lawyer in Bell County so start there for his representation.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Cynthia Henley, Lawyer 7626 E. Jordan Cove Houston, TX 77055-5053

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search