Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

my sons 16 year old friend asked for a ride to the skating rink from her friends house and i gave her the ride to the skating rink without her parents consent. a few months back her parents said they didn't want her around my 15 year old son and they say they told me not to pick her up. i remember after talking with them about not wanting her near my son but i honestly do not remember them saying not to pick her up and give her a ride. they are threatening to go to the judge to see if they can press charges. is this considered a crime.

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

I cannot think of a crime unless they are claiming you kidnapped the kid (which if the kid asked for a ride, you did not.) If she was a runaway and you gave her a place to stay, that is a crime. But, what you did is not a crime; the parents are trying to punish you because they have no control over their own child.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas

Scott RiddleLaw Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLCAtlanta, GA