Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

I got a ticket for public intoxication and it went passed the due date because I didn't have the money to pay for it at the time and now I have a warrant can I still just pay my ticket? And will the warrant be dropped?

Asked on 4/12/13, 6:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Keith Engelke Law Office of S. Keith Engelke
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Assuming you simply ignored the ticket and failed to show up in court, your warrant is likely for failure to appear. in court. You need to hire a local attorney that does misdemeanor work, take care of the ticket and set up a payment plan for you. This will lift the warrant.

Read more
Answered on 4/13/13, 6:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now