Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

This weekend my roommates and I had a party at our apartment with alcohol. The cops came and everyone there was under 21 but over 18. We all received MICs. I have to go to court and I am going to plead no contest and pay the fine. For me it is my first offense and I was wondering what the typical punishment for that was. How much do you think the fine will be since it was my first offense? I live in Austin, Texas by the way.

William Mitchell Law Office of William Mitchell

MICs can be a little tricky especially if you just walk in and plead no contest. The judge could simply find you guilty and you have a conviction on your record. You don't want to be convicted because it could result in a Driver's License suspension, and the consequences could be more severe with any subsequent MIC/MIPs. Although there is no jail time, the maximum fine is $500.00 for a first offense. It may be a smart idea to hire a lawyer who handles these types of cases in Austin. For a free consultation go to willmitchelllaw.com

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas

Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY