Texas  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/25/13, 9:49 am

My wife was shot by her ex-husband 6 years ago. The gun fired during an altercation and the gun fell. She felt that he was going to kill her so they both fought for the gun. The gun fired and has placed my wife in a wheelchair. He was never convicted and the court case was delayed up to 2 years when it was administratively discharged. I'm wondering what it would take to get a hold of investigation notes and files and to try and get this case re-opened. The lead investigator was a friend of the ex-husband's father and had lunch with him every Saturday. This was definitely a product of the good ol' boy system. We want justice.

1 Answer

Answered on: 10/26/13, 7:27 am by Cynthia Henley

I do not know what "administratively discharged" means. Sounds like "not bothering". Whether or not there is a case depends on more facts than you have provided - how did the gun get involved? Did she have it or did he have it? You cannot get the investigative notes. Only thing you can do is contact the investigating agency to see if there is anything that can be done. Perhaps a new person is in the division. You can also try contacting the Texas Rangers if you have proof that the investigator is / was indeed friends with the defendant.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Cynthia Henley, Lawyer 7626 E. Jordan Cove Houston, TX 77055-5053

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search