Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

if my wife got a violation of probation can they give her more jail time than what she had left on probation

Asked on 10/04/13, 2:24 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes. They can give her up to the full sentence that was available on the case in the beginning. (For example, a misdemeanor assault carries up to 1 year in jail. Even if she is on probation for 1.75 years before she violates, she can be given up to 1 year in jail up revocation.)

One does not get "street time credit" while on probation.

Read more
Answered on 10/04/13, 2:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now