Texas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/06/13, 12:49 pm

I'm 20 and living with my mother. I want to leave for awhile, but I want to leave without her knowing where I'm at. Can she get the police involved? And what other steps can I take so I can't be forced to come back?

1 Answer

Answered on: 3/07/13, 9:51 am by Theresa Langford

You are a legal adult and as long as no one has a court order of guardianship over you, you can go anywhere you want, whenever you want.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Langford Law Firm 14683 Midway Road Suite 206 Addison, TX 75001

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search