Texas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/23/13, 7:53 am

I have 16 year old daughter who now resides with my mother. There has been an ongoing custody case since 2006. As of last year after so much chaos; and my mom and daughter concocting a plan so they could live together I decided to allow my daughter to live with her. I have another daughter. I do not want her subject to any corruption from my mother or 16 year old daughers behalf. As of 1/13 grandparent rights in Texas are no more to a grave extent. My mother has now brought suit that my 16 year old is suffering emotionally because she does not have contact with my eldest daughter. When I allowed her to live with my mother this was at my own will and I drafted a rule 11; which stated she could not pursue possession or access to my younger daughter. This was signed and filed with the court. What are sibling rights in regards to this matter...I do not wish my 9 year to have any contact with her sister until signifcant time has lapse d and she is not under the influence of my mother....

1 Answer

Answered on: 4/23/13, 8:16 am by Bob Leonard

Do you have a current case going on? If not, the the Rule 11 is not valid. If you do, do you have a lawyer? If not, you should.

Third party rights (including grandparents) are very complicated. Each case depends on the specific facts of the case. You need an attorney to advise you and to advocate for you. It is very difficult to handle one of these cases without an attorney and have any chance of success.

Good luck to you.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Bob Leonard Law Group, PLLC 101 Summit Avenue, Suite 300 Fort Worth, TX 76102

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search