Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Can my 14 year old son determine where he lives? My son lives with me and his step father but wants to live with his father. What does he do if he no longer wants to live with me?

Asked on 10/12/09, 11:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Generally speaking, there is no age at which a child can "decide which parent he wants to live with." If there is a lawsuit pending in which custody of a child is an issue, the child's wishes can be made known to the court, but the child's wishes are not binding on the court.

Read more
Answered on 10/19/09, 4:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now