Texas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/03/13, 9:31 pm

I need an attorneys advice on how to recover money owed from a divorce settlement in 1998. I have finally been able to locate an address for my ex-spouse. He owes me approx. 13k - it may not seem a lot to most but me it is. I am disability and could use whatever inexpensive help assistance I could get. He lives in LA and I here in Texas. Please reach out to me with any suggestions. It truly is a huge financial hardship on my part and he had and will always be responsible for paying this. I tried Ms.Nice and but now I have no other choice but to bring him to court if need be or at least serve him. I don't know how this would work. Thank you for you suggestion and consideration.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search