Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Would this be child abandonment ?

My husbands ex wife died over 4 years ago together they had 4 kids while they were divorced she had custody when she died my husband got them they lived with him for 2 years and then all four went to live with deceased exs sister and brother in law which got custody of 3 my husband of 1 they have rights as his mother though well he wants to go back and live with them he liked it there and he misses his siblings would it be child abandonment if we took him back they are saying they are not sure keep in mind we all live in texas

Theresa Langford Langford Law Firm

Re: Would this be child abandonment ?

From your description, I am not sure what the court ordered (if anything) when the 3 children went to live with the relatives. My recommendation would be to hire a lawyer and document the circumstances in an order, which gives him rights and obligations as to all four children. If he wants to terminate his rights, and let the family adopt the children, he should be represented by counsel to effect that process, as well.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas