Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

I had a child with a man i never married i'n the state of Texas, we have no custody agreement, however i moved to California but couldn't take my son because his father won't let me have him. What do i go about doing to physically obtain my son?

Asked on 9/24/13, 11:17 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fran Brochstein Attorney & Mediator
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You will need to hire a Texas attorney in the county where the child lives.

You will have an uphill battle since you voluntarily left the child with the father and moved away.

I can tell that you did not talk to an attorney before you did this action.

You could have taken the child since there were not court orders in place. The father could not have prevented you from removing the child.

You need to consider moving back to Texas to be near your child.

Read more
Answered on 9/24/13, 5:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now