Texas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/17/03, 7:11 pm

Custody of child of non married parents

I am in the process of trying to end a 3 year relationship with the mother of my daughter. Currently we all live in my house, along with her son. We are not married, so what are my legal rights to try and obtain custodial custody of the child? Am I even considered her parent legally? I need to know the order of events, and the processes needed to accomplish: 1) attempt to gain custodial custody of child 2)Evict or remove mother and her son from household.

I have a professional position with a company which I have been with over 18 years, I own the house everyone resides in, I own the vehicles everyone uses for transportation, I have been covering everyone with medical and dental insurance(including her son). The mother has not worked for over 2 of the 3 years we have been together. She has never had an income capable of supporting herself let along herself and children, and shows no signs of wanting to work. I am not looking to receive child support from her if I am awarded custody. When discussing splitting up she is adamant to the fact that she would take the child with her, and leave the state. If she does leave, what are my options concerning the custody of the child at that point?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search