Texas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/24/05, 9:17 am

Custody law

A women in fear, would like to take her children out of state away from abusive husband.He will not leave or give divorce and has threatened her and any friends if she leaves. Can she run away with 9& 7 year old to be safe. Can she be charged with kidnapping? Since they are still married and no one gave custodial rights to a specific person, I told her no. Is this correct?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search