Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

I got a divorce. My ex and I have joint 50/50 custody. Nobody pays child support. But my ex was the only one with insurance at the time of the divorce so I have to pay him for half of my sons medical insurance. If I get insurance for my son on my own under me am I still obligated to pay my ex money?

Asked on 10/01/13, 12:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Kielich The Kielich Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

That depends on what your divorce decree requires. It is definitely part of the decree or possession order.

Read more
Answered on 10/01/13, 12:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now