Texas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/05/12, 7:21 pm

I am divorced. In my Decree My house was awarded to me. My ex-wife is still on the mortgage and refuses to sign the paperwork to remove herself. How do I go about getting her removed?

1 Answer

Answered on: 8/05/12, 7:48 pm by Megan Cook

Hire a family lawyer to file a Motion to Enforce. This Motion to Enforce procedure is done any time someone refuses to follow what the order states they are obligated to do. Many times in Motion to Enforce procedures, a person can win attorneys fees so that you can be reimbursed for the funds you spend on hiring the attorney.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Cook & Cook Law Firm, PLLC 214 Dwyer Ave, Suite 300 San Antonio, TX 78204

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search