Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Drink with the kids

I need to know what I can do ... my X husband drinks around the kids and then he drives them home ... last night I call the cops because he drove my daughter home and you could tell he had been drinking. My daughter said he was all over the road the whole way home. Is there anything I can do?

Asked on 11/26/07, 10:21 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

James Grissom Law Office of James P. Grissom
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Drink with the kids

I presume there are orders in place. You should request a Temporary Restraining Order to prevent him from visitation and request a Motion to Modify that allows visitation at a neutral site (which he pays for) on a supervised basis. DO IT NOW! before you see the children in the hospital or worse. Good Luck.

Read more
11/26/07, 11:09 am
Jeffrey Brashear The Brashear Law Firm, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Drink with the kids

Based on what you have stated and dependent upon the language contained within the original decree; you need to file a temporary order and seek a modification of the original decree. If my law firm can assist you with this legal matter or any other legal issue, please contact my legal assistant Jennifer (

Read more
11/26/07, 11:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88333 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now