Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

drug testing

In a modification for child support and visitation hearing, can my husband's ex ask him to be drug tested for no reason? Just to harrass him? She has no reason to suspect him of anything, he has no criminal record, pays child support (a lot) on time, is involved with their school, etc., a very responsible parent. She doesn't want him to be more involved with them and will probably do and say anything to discredit his character. What are his rights?

Theresa Langford Langford Law Firm

Re: drug testing

In ANY proceding one party can motion the court to order drug testing. The court hears evidence and rules on the motion. In my experience if the person tests and passes, then the other party has to pay for it; if they fail, then they bear the cost themself, as well as the fallout from the failed test.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas